Friday 10 March 2017

Daring Card Makers Guest Designer - Rough With The Smooth

Time for a new Daring Card Makers Challenge!  I'm the Guest Designer for March and the theme for this week:

Take The Rough With the Smooth

After having The Big Clear Out before Christmas, I found some coloured card blanks that I'd forgotten I had so I've used one of the purple ones for this card and have run it though an A4 Sizzix dotty embossing folder which has taken away some of the surface of the card which I quite like!

Before I embossed, I added a line around the edge with a silver gel pen (I think it 'contains' the elements within the card).  The big number 7 is one of my own templates, again, added a silver gel pen line around the edge before embossing with a From Me To You star folder.


I've added X Cut star die cuts using some left over silver card and some spotty stuff I found in my stash.  The sentiment has been cut with Clearly Besotted dies again with some shiny silver card.  Good luck with the challenge!

I'd like to enter the following:

Craft Rocket Challenge:  No Patterned Paper
Little Miss Muffet Challenge:  Anything Goes
Seize The Birthday:  Anything Goes
Through The Purple Haze:  Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Love this bold and vibrant card Ruth, fab take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Fabulous! Love the bold number! You just opened up some great ideas for us all! Thanks for being on our gallery at Seize the Birthday and hope to have you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!