Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Special Shoe

Sometimes I have an idea. And then I let it swirl around. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a few days. And sometimes for a few weeks. This was one of those ideas.

The brief was to make something special for a work colleague for his wife's 50th Birthday.  I'd been given a list of likes and because I knew her as well I decided to combine it with her bright and funky personality.

So enter Now That's Funky and the Lollipop paper collection from Funky Hand - plus the cd is only £1!!

Everything I've made is from my own templates which I've hand cut with some inspiration from Pinterest here and there. Plus some half pearls and lots of half glass diamonds for bling plus two die cut sentiments using Clearly Besotted dies.



I was given a verse to use which I printed onto a medium scallop Sizzix tag and then cut a larger size so that a message could be handwritten onto it.  This fitted beautifully into the shoe!  More luck than planning!


The shoe was actually quite easy to make once I'd got my head around what I needed to do and how it would glue together.  I reinforced the heel just in case and the sole of the shoe has the same papers as inside the box.


It created quite a bit of a stir in the office when I brought it in to hand over.  And the recipient loved it!


I'd like to enter the following challenges:

The Crafter's Cafe:  At The Movies (Cinderella)
Fresh Brewed Designs:  Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty:  Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly:  Ooh So Pretty
2 Creative Chicks:  Anything Goes - No Cards

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! You are so creative. I can imagine her reaction to this fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling!
    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!