Sunday 11 November 2012

Under The Mistletoe

I'm nearing the end of completing a long list of Christmas cards and here is one that I can tick off that list!  The image is from Emma Canning - Mistletoe Moment - and I've coloured it with Promarkers and the cut out the two people so that they would fit the oval background a little better.

I've used papers from my rather bargain 12x12 Let It Snow pad (I do like these papers!) and added stickles to the sides of the card and also around the oval.  The oval has been cut from vellum and then embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.

The two background panels are X Cut dies.  I found the sentiment in my stash and have inked it slightly to match the colour theme.  I've also added soem stickles to the fur on the dress and boots and a tiny half pearl to the holly in her hair.

After karting this morning we had a trip to Southport (namely Matalan and Dunelm) where I treated myself (and Jacob) to a pair of really fluffy and long welly socks for when we are stood in the sub zero temps watching Samuel karting (if Jacob fancies wearing mine then he can as his feet are nearly the same size as mine and he is only 7!!) and a cook pot from Dunelm as our largest and oldest pan disintegrated when I washed it the other day!  We've had it for nearly 20 years, so I didn't think it was too bad to throw it out!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Flat Friends:  Dots and stripes
Die Cuttin' Diva's:  Sketch
Dream Valley Challenges:  Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards:  Stripes
Fairytale Challenge:  Embossing

Image:  Emma Canning, coloured with Promarkers
Papers:  Dovecraft Let It Snow 12x12 pad
Dies:  X Cut - both oval and fancy shape
Embossing:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Everything else:  My stash 

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ruth. It would fit in perfectly with Emma's Flat Friends challenge this month which is dots and stripes. Hope you have had a good weekend. Hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...thanks for playing along with us at DCD!! Love your take on the sketch! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too adorable! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and so sweet.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very sweet and cut card!!Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!¦
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card x x Thanks so much for entering our challenge x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card!! Love the embossing and the image!!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shading on your colouring in. Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining our DCD sketch challenge

    Veronica DCD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card in a great color.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours and I like the way you've used 2 die cut panels in the background, wouldn't have thought of that myself.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful soft colours on your card, and the embossing looks great, too, it gives such texture! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    PS I also love your icon (ie the pic of you!) - ninja crafters ftw! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfull project! The baggrouznd is really so very crafty! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Das ist wirklich eine schöne Karte.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the images on your card. Thank you for joining us at CC&CC.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya Ruth, gorgeous card I love these images. Thanks for joining us at the Flat Friends Challenge, love NJ X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!