Saturday 24 November 2012

Nephew

I've been busy making baby cards recently - one of my cousins was due (and arrived early!) but we didn't know if it was to be a boy or girl so I made a variety of each and some in lemon and cream too!  And a good friend was about to become an Aunty to a little boy (and he arrived early too!) so here is the card I made from her:


And yes, its a wordbook!  I've used papers from The Clip Art Fairy - Beautiful Baby Boy papers but the Printables Store has closed so I don't know if the papers are still available.  I've made the letters in word and then cut them out, layered onto some plain paper from the download and then layered again onto the 'pages'.  I've glittered around each letter - I actually print the letters in a colour similar to the papers so its not too visible, but enough so I can see where I'm cutting!

I've added some ribbon, embroidery thread and a little silver charm from my stash.  Some of the stars on the letters (the darker ones) have had glossy accents applied over the top to give it a bit more texture.

Jacob's football team lost again this morning - 8-4 despite leading at the start 2-0.  He was in goal for the whole match and made some cracking saves (despite letting 8 in!  Although one was an own goal from one of our mid-fielders) and was named Man of the Match by our Coach!

Samuel has the final Inkart Round tomorrow morning at Daytona Manchester.  He's currently in second place in the Cadet Championship and hopefully a decent finish tomorrow will ensure that placing.  It's all go in our house!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Ladybug Crafts:  Monochrome
Daring Cardmakers:  Twinkle Twinkle
Fussy and Fancy:  Feeling Blue
Dutch Dare:  Fancy Folds
Little Red Wagon:  Boy oh Boy

Papers:  The Clip Art Fairy (think they are retired)
Letters:  Wordart
Everything else:  My stash

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful! Love the glitter on the letters & the fab bow!
    Sounds like you are a busy mom! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea for a baby card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so awsome! Superb creations.
    Thanks for playing at DDCC
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!