Tuesday 21 June 2011

More Poppy Notes

I enjoyed making the last set of note cards so much that I decided to make some more with another poppy image in the set from Tiddly Inks! Again I've used off cuts of card to make these long thin note cards.

I've coloured the poppies with Promarkers and added glossy accents to the centres. The sentiment has been stamped with a little Studio G alphabet stamp set and I've added a faux stitched border around the edges.

Red organza and satin ribbon is from my stash and I've tied some button twine in from The Ribbon Girl.

I'd like to enter the note cards into the following challenges:
Sir Stampalot: Photo inspiration (field of poppies)
The Rubber Cafe: Summer
Hanna and Friends: In The Garden
Peachy Keen - Let's Face It Friday's: Patriotic (red for St George's cross of England!)

  • Stamps: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Promarkers and Glossy Accents
  • Ribbon: My stash
  • Button Twine: The Ribbon Girl
  • Sentiment: Studio G stamps

12 comments:

  1. I love your poppy cards! I have looked at tiddly Inks but cannot see the poppy set anywhere is it a retired one do you think as I would love to get it? Thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty, I love poppies, the fields surrounding me are covered in poppies at the moment and I managed to get some really nice photo's. Your poppies look really good on your cards.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just fabulous! Thanks for joining us this month at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really elegant cards Ruth, the sheer simplicity really makes a statement.

    Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month.

    Good luck with the new venture, added your link.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous, so stunning against the white.
    Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
    hugs Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful creation
    Fantastic interpretation of the photo

    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really pretty and very elegant! Thank you for joining our challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so simple and pretty! Love how the red really POPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!