Saturday 12 March 2011

Robot Doorhanger

The CRAFT challenge this week is a good one! It is:

Doorhangers

Which I do like to make! This one has been made with the very brand new download Rainbow Polkadots from Funky Hand which has all the colours of the rainbow (plus some!) in both positive and negative dot patterns (coloured background/white dots or coloured dots/white background).

I actually had a brain wave when making the doorhanger as I always struggle to get a nice neat finish for the hole, so I used my scalloped Nestabilities, only that I didn't quite manage to line them up properly so its a little more scalloped than I intended!

The little robot is from Craft The Year Away, also from Funky Hand and I've made him large enough to fit on the doorhanger (all the digis can be made as big as A4 without any quality loss) and he's been coloured with Promarkers and a few dabs of glossy accents here and there. I was a bit cack handed when cutting out his antennae so he has wire and a button instead!

I've added some card candy to the aperture and a bit of inking and doodling a line around the edge and the doorhanger is complete!

  • Papers: Rainbow Polkadot download from Funky Hand
  • Image: Craft The Year Away cd from Funky Hand
  • Card Candy: Craftwork Cards
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so cool :) I love the little robot digi and your touches of Glossy Accents are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your door hanger - it's brilliant - I made my first one today and really enjoyed making it. Do you mind if I ask you what thickness of card you used only I used the card of one of those card envelopes for stability. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya - thank you for the info, that's a great help. I'm going to make some more for my grandchildren. Love your blog - often pop over to see your work. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great doorhanger, so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic doorhanger. Thansk for joining us at CRAFT this week
    Hugs
    Suzanne x
    Guest DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!