Sunday 12 September 2010

Stitch It Up!

A while ago I covered a card blank with this paper and then realised it wasn't quite what I wanted so since then its stayed in a box just waiting to be used! I had the colour in mind when I coloured the image from Michelle Perkett Studio with Aquamarkers.

It fits with the current challenge which is:

Stitch It Up - Faux or Real Stitching

The paper is from Funky Fairy - Pinkie Pops which I don't think is available any more. I've cut the image out with my only set of Nestabilities (I'm hoping for more!) and layered it onto more pink card and some black too.


The ribbon is from my stash and I've made a double bow by adding seperate lengths of ribbon and gluing them down. The large gem hides the messy bits!

A bit of inking and faux stitching around the edges of the card and layers and its complete!

  • Image: Michelle Perkett Studio, coloured with Aquamarkers
  • Papers: Funky Fairy - Pinkie Pops
  • Dies: Nestabilities Spellbinders
  • Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. OMG, Ruth, this is gorgeous! What rich beautiful colors! I love your ribbon and your bling and how you colored my birthday cake image!! Love it! Thank you for joining us for our "Stitch it Up" Challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card you made. I love your coloring on the birthday cake! And the ribbon is gorguous!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio challenge. Hope that you will be back again next week!
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is gorgeous! I LOVE the pink and black color combo!! Thank you for joining MPS this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous birthday cake, and I love the pink, and the bling!! Thanks for joining us at MPS this week.
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tip Top, this is beautiful. I love all the tiny stitching you did. That bow is also very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Ruth, I just love those colours and you coloured the cake beautifully. I haven't tried aquamarkers but seeing your work has tempted me lol
    Thanks for joining us at MPS, hope to see you next time too :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth, your card is beautiful! I love the paper & the colors. You did a great job coloring. Thanks for joining us at MPS this week!
    Shelley :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! Such a perfect birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!