Sunday 10 January 2010

Back to School

This is a new challenge site that I found whilst blog hopping and liked the look of it (and some very fab DT examples) and I thought I'd give it a go!

The current Die Cut Dreams challenge is:

Back to School

Which is quite funny really, as Samuel went back to school for one day and the snow and ice kept school shut for the remainder of last week! Hoping that he is back in tomorrow though!

I've used a tall thin card blank as my base and then used up scraps of off cuts from Funky Daze (I just love this colour way - greens are not usually my colour but I do like this!) with some cut with my only set of Nesties. I've inked edges and rounded some too with the grosgrain ribbon from my stash, as too the red backing card.

The image is from The Cutting Cafe - I won a challenge a while ago and I got to pick 3 bundles and one that I choose was the School Days. I've enlarged the image a little and coloured it with watercolours as a base and then gone over the top with watercolour pencils.

And that is it!

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Image: Cutting Cafe coloured with watercolour paints and pencils
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for joining in our challenge this week at DCD
    Our challenge closes at 12 noon on a Sunday but as we all thought your card was so stunning and its your first time to join us we all decided that your card would still be entered so you will be in the draw this week and we hope you will join us again for next weeks challenge that starts tomorrow morning
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! Love the way you coloured those apples! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!