Friday 6 November 2009

I Had To Flip It

This card almost never actually happened. Firstly, I printed off the image and wasn't able to cut it out as a circle. So printed it out again. And Samuel coloured in the 'wrong one'. I then faffed about for 3 nights trying to find the right papers. And then found these in my stash that the lovely Jozza gave me the first time we met up (yonks ago) and they have been lurking there ever since. So thanks Jozza!


And then I stuck the stripy bit on the wrong side of the card and the wording was all in the wrong direction, so I had to flip the sketch to make it work.

Anyway, it's for the Pollycraft challenge which is a sketch this fortnight. And I now realise that I am missing a sentiment. Ah well. Ah, but then again - the 'let it snow' bit can be it! Yeah!

I've coloured the Pollycraft image with watercolour pencils and a bit of chalking around the edges. The papers are Dovecraft 'Naughty But Nice' 6 x 6 papers, the ribbon is new to my stash (I bought 3 lovely DIY boxes from ebay to put the 3 acrylic Wedding albums in, and they just happen to come with a big piece of brown organza ribbon. Needless to say, one of the boxes doesn't have it any more but a nice orange ribbon to match the album colour scheme!)

The button (it is underneath) is from my stash and the confetti snowflakes have put in another showing.

So there you go. A bit long winded but it's been one of those weeks!

  • Papers: Dovecraft 'Naughty But Nice' 6 x 6 papers from Jozza
  • Image: Pollycraft, coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. what a fabby card, i love these papers and you have coloured your image in beautifully,i must give my water colours another airing...thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card :) thanks for joining us At Pollycrafts Challenge
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!