Thursday 12 March 2009

Penny Black Recipe Challenge

I've not managed a Penny Black challenge for a week or two so thought I'd better try this weeks!

RECIPE 3, 2, 1
3 Brads, 2 Ribbons, 1 Flower


And here is what I came up with! I did toy with the idea of using the brad in the flower as one of my allowance but it didn't look right. So the 'brads' are actually card candy because I didn't have anything that matched. The ribbons, which just happened to match (surprised?!) are from Blackburn market (grosgrain) and from a top (silly for putting ribbon loops inside but at least I benefit!) The beautiful flower is actually 3 layered together in a lovely deep purple and a chocolate brown and it came as a freebie a few years ago when I used to buy all my Sizzix dies from a lady in the USA. With every order she always sent me a little package with lovely embellishments, brads and flowers - I used to be more excited opening that than using the dies!

Anyway, the mouse and cork has been coloured with watercolour paints and I've chalked the background as it was a bit stark. The bubble has been glitter glued.

Backing papers are from the lovely 6 x 6 Elegant Dovecraft papers and one pattern that I've not used before. I really do like this card and am pleased with my little self!

  • Backing papers: Dovecraft 6 x 6 Elegant
  • Image: Watercoloured and chalked
  • Flower: From my stash
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Card Candy: Craftwork Cards

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ruth and so you should be pleased....this is gorgeous..great colour work on your image and I love the paper...it's stunning....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!