Tuesday 24 February 2009

Signs of Spring

The Cute Card Thursday challenge this week is:

Signs of Spring
This could be interpreted through your image, an embellishment or even your colour-scheme

I found these scraps of backing paper on the table (I'm not sure why there were quite a few all the same size!) and only trimmed about a centimetre off the end so they would fit on the cardstock. All have had their edges inked. The ribbon stuff is actually raffia. For a change.

The flower is made from a scrap of fabric (I bought some fat quarters many moons ago and never used them) and I drew round the outside of a sellotape roll to get a 8cm circle then sewed a running stitch around the edge of the circle and pulled the thread together so it all bunched up (inspiration came from the recent Crafts Beautiful magazine but I must be a bit gormless as the instructions didn't seem to be particularly clear, so in my usual style, I made it up as I went along!) The lovely button is a recent purchase from Peggycrafts - I think I may have bought a fair bit of her stock (sorry Helen!) as I had a difficult time choosing which designs to buy!
Again, dodgy lighting courtesy of the kitchen lights.
  • Backing papers: Funky Daze
  • Raffia: From my stash
  • Button embellishment: Actual covered button from Peggycrafts - I made the other bit


8 comments:

  1. fab papers hun, lovely and fresh colours

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card - well done on using up your scraps. I must try harder!! Love your scrap material yo-yo too. Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card - well done on using up your scraps. I must try harder!! Love your scrap material yo-yo too. Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Mrs....you are having a craftathon all by yourself...love what you made with Funky Scraps and hey all those gorgeous Chrissy cards.
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could make the scraps of paper I find on my craft desk look this good! I love the button embellishment..might try that!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Ruth, love the fresh colours xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!