Saturday 3 January 2009

2 Sketches 4 U Challenge #16

The sketch for this weeks challenge on 2 Sketches 4 U is:




And continuing the Valentine card extravaganza I made this:

I directly embossed the card stock with Swiss Dots, inked and doodled the edges. The hearts have been cut from thick red vellum and use the D'vine Swirls embossing folder, as does the distressed translucent vellum strips. The three red beads are from a great little bargain pack I bought from Pound World.

I also inked the surface of the hearts and vellum strips to give a bit of definition.
  • Dies / Folders: Sizzix Primitive Hearts, Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls and Swiss Dots embossing folders
  • Beads: From Pound World

10 comments:

  1. Darling, darling card! Thanks for playing:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the simplicity of this one Ruth....but so elegant yet striking with the red hearts...great work
    Hugs
    Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card, so elegant and modern

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely cad, the hearts are fantastic and i love the paper you have used

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohooo so I'm not the only one bitten by the valentines bug then! Love this it is tres chic!

    xxx

    PS. Sorry I've neglected your blog (and everyone elses) lately. Just getting back into the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the clean simplicity of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and how striking the hearts look against the background. Striking.

    I think I need to make one of many New Years resolutions to be "less is more" ! Somehow I don't think I will be able to keep it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this sweet and simple valentine card!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Ruth, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!