Sunday 3 August 2008

Sixties Chick

This was a commission made in a hurry! Made for Pauline from Wedding Toppers for her friend who would be 60 in early August. The hairstyle and dress were specifically asked for (and to include the large lace on the neckline and cuffs!) and that the recipient loved Cliff Richard and John Lennon, so I included two of their album covers.


The black background is from the charcoal pack from Dovecraft, and the number 60 is cut from one of my favourite papers from Funky Hand - Its Funky Too cd, which has been printed onto glossy photographic paper for a shiny feel. The letters have been mounted onto hot pink pearlescent card and then added to the backing paper with 3d foam pads, and the edges glittered with silver.

I added the ribbons, flower and gems as I felt the card lacked a little something and as luck would have it, I had everything to match!

I did have a bit of a panic as I didn't have any white lace and considered bleaching the black that I had, but realised that I didn't have enough time to do it properly and was not sure that it would work right. And then found a new string washing bag - the type you put the washing tablets in - which once cut up small enough worked perfectly (with some sheer white organza ribbon behind)!! Thank God for Persil eh??!!

2 comments:

  1. But what're you going to put the washing tablets in now? ;o)

    Funky card, Ruth! :o)

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this one - very retro and hey what a great idea for the washing bag...
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!