Wednesday 6 August 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 8 - No Pink!

Told you there would a few challenges this week!! For some strange reason, I do get excited about the Penny Black Challenges! And for this week, I was determined to make a Christmas card, so I was quite pleased when I read that pink was not allowed!


This weeks challenge -
Challenge 8 - No Pink!!
Your cards can feature any colour, but NO PINK !!
I had some of the Funky Christmas Time backing papers left over (and I HATE to see any scrap go to waste!) and wanted to use them again. Hand water coloured the image - I am so enjoying using my trusty watercolours again! I spent a bit of time faffing with the layout as I felt that it needed (oh yes!) some ribbon to finish it off. The edges of the card and image have been dotted and drawn on with the gold gel pen, although, thinking about it now, the image would look better, I think, with faux photo corners......
I'd actually cut the ribbon too short (not concentrating!) so it would not tie in a bow particularly well, so its now a single bow!
  • Image - Penny Black hand coloured with watercolours
  • Backing paper - Funky Christmas Time download from Funky Hand
  • Ribbon - Gold satin edged gold organza from Blackburn market
  • Eyelets - Metallic from Dovecraft

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card! Love it! Not seen that hedgie stamp before.. It's fab!

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. knew I recognised those papers fab card Ruth
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous Ruth - love the colour combo of the papers and they go so well with the image - great colour work too and of course, just a hint of ribbon - great work and thank you for joining us at PBSC again this week
    Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow fabulous card, love the red and gold my favourite for xmas. The image is so cute and beautifully coloured - the ribbon is gorgeous and looks great even if ou did cut it short, lol
    Thanks for joining us again this week :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely adorable. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!