Wednesday 4 June 2008

Shabby Saturday Collection

I had quite a creative weekend again!

All cards made using the Shabby Saturday download from Funky Hand. I decided to see if I could make a collection of 5 cards using only backing papers from the collection and some extra bits for interest.

I printed all the papers onto either white card or clear vellum and did not re-size the image to fit the whole of the paper so that the detail is a little smaller.




This card uses the flowery background printed onto vellum with extra vellum flowers, black ric rac ribbon and a few gems.













This has 3 buttons for detail which have been attached by silver wire - holes made in the reverse of the card and the wire pushed through, twisted and then made into tear drops.

The sentiment, printed from the collection is attached to the card with black organza ribbon.

A light chalking around the edge adds a little depth to the card.











The bling one! Vellum dotty overlay in the centre of the card with added gems to pick out the pattern. Again, the edges of the card have been lightly chalked and the printed flowers have vellum layered over the top.













Bargain green organza ribbon which was originally wired but I took that out. The rest of the dotty vellum was used on this card with the sentiment attached to it.











And finally, my favourite! The remaining printed flower vellum attached to the front of the card by silky raspberry coloured ribbon (hole punched the holes so it threads through). I made some little swirls out of wire to echo the pattern on the flowers, however it was not that easy as I don't have pliers so my fingers took the brunt of it!

Tiny silver dots run around the edge of the vellum, made with a silver gel pen.





I'm quite pleased with what I have achieved! And they will be able to view as examples of the Shabby Saturday download on the Funky Hand Website very soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the new cards! Congrats on the Cuteable feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these, TT.. Can't quite make up my mind which is my favourite! The blingy one, I think, with the vellum and gem cabouchons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Tip Top as always

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!